Old Wyrmish

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 11:16:22 EDT

In a message dated 18/08/02 10:42:16 GMT Daylight Time, glorantha-request_at_rpglist.org writes:

<< Since humans can't speak Wyrmish greater than 25% unaided,  it's hardly a language intended for ease of communication. IMO  beyond its obvious purpose to speak with dragonewts and the  like, it helps people think draconically. Since dragons are  capable of thinking their enemies to death, it is a major path  in the Draconic Wisdom.

 --Peter Metcalfe >>

I don't disagree. The way I see it, a lot of communication is non-verbal anyway. Wyrmish helps with this even if the dragonspeakers would seem to become incoherent if you wrote down what they actually said, like perhaps a godlearner researcher might have done. However, there is the loss of Wyrmish that people experienced at the end of EWF.

Keith