Re: Vithelan Great Darkness

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_weinander.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 12:33:13 +0200

Peter M:

>>I have been trying to make a god-learner correlation of this
>>story with Vithelan myth. That proves rather difficult though.
>>The only Vithelan conflict that I can see causing such a
>>horrendous destruction is the Oorsu Sara war, which is a
>>much earlier mythical event (the closest thing to the explosion
>>of the Spike occurs in the Herespur war).

> Vithela and the East Isles: Mashunasan, the Great Sage, whose
> mystical energies kept the isles so well protected that many folk
> have no memory of the Darkness. He did this by proving to his
> people that the gods had created the world to tempt them, and for
> them to deny.

Thanks for the reference, !

Turning it the other way round, the Vithelans remember the Oorsu Sara was as almost destroying the cosmos. Why don't other cultures have anything similar in early mythical ages? Simply because Oorsu Sara's really affected consciousness rather than physical aspects?

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams.