Cosmic Duality

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:06:43 -0700

At 06:01 AM 8/29/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>From: "Julian Lord" <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>

>> Humans, Gods and other entities are male and female
>> because the Cosmic Duality causes them to be that way.

>a) Not all entities, races, etc are subject to Cosmic Duality and/or
>not subject to It in the same way

Please allow me to ask which ones are not? I will except Mystical entities on the highest levels of being, as I already excepted them in my little essay.

>b) Worshippers' vision, society, etc are also subject to Cosmic
>Duality, blurring all meaningful boundaries between question and
>answer

This is what I was saying: it's part of the duality between microcosm and transcendent macrocosm. Because it is not Ultimate Transcendent, it is always subject to duality.

>c) No, Yes, Both, Neither, Something Else Entirely, One Day (with
>perseverance) You Will Understand Glasshoppah, and many other
>possible answers are all truthful ones, depending on the POV of who's
>asking the question

The Ultimate Answer is always the same.

>d) Greg's GREAT answer to the question :
>Maybe one for the Q&A page at www.glorantha.com ?

Good point. We will put it up.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_glorantha.com
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>