RE: Glorantha digest, Vol 9 #197 - 10 msgs

From: Philipp Grawe <Philipp_at_my-fortress.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 09:50:49 +1000

--

> this could be an animal sacrifice or donation of life force from the
> healer, the dead person's friends, the dead person's god, or some =
other
> source. The point is that the dead person has nothing that would kill =
them
> and they have a "life."
Fantastic idea. I'd play this as one of the little known quests that = turns up along the way in a campaign. I'm not sure if I'd go with the idea of life force being allowed. In my = game it'd be a soul for a soul, nothing less. Of course, trying to substitute a cow or something similar for a human = life means you have to be all the more convincing later on. You need to = be pretty good to persuade Havan Vor that a cow is equivalent to a human = life. Just for that perverse twist, the greatest chance of resurrecting = someone with this quest is at the cost of another human life. This, = perhaps, is why the quest is not that well known and not that popular. Other substitutions which have worked in the past are intelligent beings = with a similar bodily symmetry to humans, smaller, weaker ones such as = Trollkin and Newtlings are especially popular. The most well-known substitutions, however are Morocanth Herdmen, but = these aren't that easy to come by, especially when you've only got a = week to find one. Harry. --__--__--