Char-un Atrocity Troops

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 20:52:44 +1200

Joerg Baumgartner:

>Peter suggested that the Char-un segregate the rapists-gone broo into an
>atrocity unit?

If people don't want to see Broos in CharUn regiments, that sounds reasonable to me.

If they don't want to see CharUn becoming Broos during an atrocity, then there's a way around that too. Namely a magical rite to retard the onset of brooification - perhaps it expires during Sacred Time where the CharUn wait to see who becomes a Broo (or another chaotic depending on their favorite atrocity).

As to where these atrocity troops are used - IMO the CharUn use them within their own homeland to make their people stronger.

>And, given the fact that I have witnessed (and propagandistically
>excused) Ingo's Char-un in action during Tarsh War (scaring even the
>Marantaros), and hearing Nick telling about even more atrocious ones in
>later sessions, I really really wonder what they could do that would set
>them apart.

The things they do during Tarsh War IMO.

>(Or in other words: how could a Char-un broo be worse than a Thed broo?)

Why should they be?

--Peter Metcalfe