Re: Cultural relativism and Chaos

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 18:44:57 +0100

Wesley:

>Don't forget that most atrocities committed by any army, including the
>Char-Un, are not done at home. They are done in somebody else's city or
>village. So if there is a general rape of somewhere the chaos that is
>birthed/grown/summoned by that act will be drawn there. By the time
>that it has manifested the Char-Un that did it is long gone.

IMO, this is pretty much irrelevant - the chaos will be drawn to the perpetrators, and not to the location where the offence happened to occur (unless, just possibly, it happens there frequently, in which case it might affect both perpetrators and location). Since soldiers across Glorantha are not turning into broo in significant numbers AFAIK, we may reasonably suppose that such acts are less common in Gloranthan armies than they were in ancient RW ones. Including, one presumes, the Char-Un.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic