Re: Umathela

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 19:47:56 -0700

"Terra Incognita"

> I firstly thought Waertagi brought Orlanthi to Southern Continent as
> manpower Slaves as RW africans.
> But RM p. 22 told me the opposite, helerians enslaved and exploited
> Waertagi: (but I still question about their purpose to go the Southern
> Slope? of Spike in God Age, overpopulation?,

The Waertagi didn't bring any Orlanthi (probably storm barbarians from Slontos -- I suspect they didn't practice Orlanth worship the same as the Heortlings!) until some time in the Dawn Age (if not the Imperial Age).

If the Helerians are blue people, I don't think they're Orlanthi. I do think that non-human followers of Heler lived in Umathela during mythic times, but there's no obvious trace now.

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>