evil gods

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 21:03:28 +1200

Antonio:

>Are Ompalam, Malia and Ikadz chaotic beings?

No in the case of Ompalam and Malia. Probably not for Ikadz.

>Peter Metcalfe said in the HeroWars list that they are not chaotic
>but they are included in Chaos Pantheon because they are evil.

Ompalam isn't evil. When he was first included in Gods of Glorantha or RQ3 Book 5, it was thought that he was. But he's evolved in concept and so I explain the hostile description of him in Gods of Glorantha as being God Learner hostility towards Fonrit.

>I'm not sure, but I understood that some chaotic and evil beings worship
>these entities (e.g. Broos and Malia) and for that reason, some people
>consider these gods in the Chaos pantheon.

That's correct for Malia and Ikadz. Ikadz may or may not be evil but he is worshipped by a Broo in Pavis and by some Huan To.

--Peter Metcalfe

End of Glorantha Digest