Can we get back to Fun?

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 09:28:52 -0700

Nick said,

>This hobby is supposed to be about *fun*
>stuff, not detailed descriptions of rape, necrophilia and mutilation.
and
>Such unpleasantness stays out of focus, as IMO it
>always should -- especially on mailing lists aimed at attracting new
>players to our bizarre hobby.

I'd like to back this up.
I for one am very weary of this discussion, and though I am not telling people to stop, I am wondering why it is dragging on and on. Let me try a last word on it: whatever you want in your game is the way that it works. People in Glorantha don't understand it, have many debates, and the application of "reason" to it is inconclusive. Decide where your characters stand on the issue and play that. But can't we get back to something more interesting, like subjectivity and myth or maybe Yelmalio's origins, or anything else.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_glorantha.com
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>