Re: Uz Sight

From: RobStoll_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:15:32 EDT

In a message dated 9/26/02 5:45:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Julian Lord" < julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr> writes:

> OK, but this is Glorantha : Darkness isn't (always) just an absence
> of light, some things are naturally dark or even 'radiate' dark. I'd
> suggest that the Uz can actually see dark as distinct from black, so
> they could see a suberiad and a black wall as having two different
> colours.

Yeah, I agree. I was actually thinking that there must be "dark stars" out there that Uz can see (and possibly, that hoomanz can't). Forgive me if I'm repeating stuff, I haven't had much time to read Glorantha digests too carefully of late. Certainly, if there are stars corresponding to human and other race heroes and gods, why not Uz?

> Written darkspeech : must be written with dark, kuzg, or zorak ink
> (not black) or similar medium on a black, red, gor, pink, grey, white
> or similar non-dark surface (one favourite is writing kuzg letters
> and Runes on a black surface : invisible to most non-uz !).

This is a really cool idea. It reminds me of the sundive ship from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: you flip a black switch labelled in black writing on black, and a little black light goes on black to tell you what it did. Confusing to us, trivial to Uz.

Robert