Re: Summons of Evil

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 20:38:24 -0700

Terra

> According to KOS, Summons of Evil Ritual was used by Knowing God. So it can
> be used. (But in KODP, SoE was that of Ancestors....)

Please understand that King of Dragon Pass had to make certain compromises in order to be a computer game. If I remember correctly, the Ancestors seemed like an important "deity" to leave in the game (given all the references to them in scenes), but they didn't have many "spells." So they got Summons of Evil.

Also, I think you're wrong -- the Summons of Evil story [KoS.81] has Lhankor Mhy *remembering* the ritual, but it seems to me that Orlanth leads the ceremony.

--

David Dunham
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>

End of Glorantha Digest