Uz in the Sky with Diamonds

From: Frederic Ferro <ferro_at_princeton.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 19:46:55 +0200

Andrew Solovay was heard to whisper:
> There was a comic book way back when in which a Green Lantern tried to
> recruit someone from a race which completely lacked vision. Yes, his
> ring could translate languages, but there were some problems with basic
> concepts.

And Green Lantern became "F-Sharp Bell". Classic story by Alan Moore.

In the same way, I think the Uz could have myths associated with different sounds in the Firedome of Hurtplace.

It would be a little like the Music of the Spheres but instead of the Harmonies of Musa or the Choreography of Polaris the Uz know High-heat has different layers of piercing shrieks and screams (the puny Yelm lives in the "Layer of Chalk on a Blackboard").

Wonderhome one the contrary had different Circles of Taste and Smell, down to Kyger Litor's delicious Milk.

ff