Malkioni Calendar and Family Tree

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 03:54:22 +0900

Hail Hedkoranth.....

Trotsky:

>We Malkioni
> are the ones who have the one true religion, you know, not you pagan
> types. So, I've made a start, by adding a Malkioni section to my
> website. There's not a lot there now, I grant you, but it has every
> chance of growing (I'm presently writing a lot of material on Jonatela
> because, well, because I feel like it).

Jonatela is better place for adventures, as Greg wrote Jonat's Saga WIP for the hero from this area.

>Learn about the Malkioni
> calendar, gasp in awe at the list of saints! And, er, well that's it at
> the moment, but we wouldn't want to over-excite you all, now, would we?
> No cool pictures? Well, no, but that's because we're nice and logical,
> you see, keep everything neat and simple. Malkionism: You know it makes
> sense.

Logic and Math have caused the headache to my simple brain..... My attitude is more positive to your "aberrant" and "mad prophets" sects like Arkati and Carmanians.
IMG, complexity of Mythology is equal to the sophistication.

I'm not sure your great work for the Malkioni sect history family tree is right or wrong.
How far is it official?
I know Historical POV and speculation is sometimes useless for official Glorantha (FREX, for 2nd Age Arkati) as a game material but..... http://www.ttrotsky.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/malkioni/sects.htm

Why Gerlant and Talor are divided? (They are under the 3rd Council) to North and South?
How about the Influence of Abiding Book? (from Jrustela) from 5th Council?

http://www.gloranthadigest.com/cgi-bin/message.py?ref=41629 http://glorantha.kondalski.org/g9index/0544.html

In my old idea, both Galvosti and Boristi are from the domain of Stygians for their "experimental" attitude toward Humanity. I think your "explanation" (Who wrote it? Neutral Observer from RW or someone in Glorantha?) about Carmanianism is exaggerated, because overemphasis to the division between spirit and flesh is Manichaeastic Heresy for RW Zoroastrianism. IMHO, in Glorantha, the fight between Truth and Lie isn't equal to that of spirit and flesh. Anyway, I think Makan / Irensavel division should not be the main line of family tree even for the Malkioni strict orthodox Monotheism.

And what is Avlorists?

As far as I know, Theyalan Calendar spread within the boundary of MSE Godlearners. Who made the calendar you mentions? (Siglat under the Ban?) It sounds to me French Revolutional Calendar. (Perfectly free from the Paganistic and Christian Superstition and Cyclical Life / Death Calendar of Christ / Farming)
http://www.ttrotsky.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/malkioni/calendar.htm

But I don't know well about Jewish and Muslim Calendar. (Anyway, both of them are Lunar Calendar ignoring the seasonal change of Solar System, alien to Glorantha.)

Me:
> > Why Jonatela?
>
> a) Because I feel like it.
> b) Because it is a land of robber barons, dark forests, cunning
> gypsies and huge moustaches. Just the sort of place for player heroes
> to have fun, in other words.

At least, I can say peaceful state of country like Loskalm is not always good for game campaigns (where is the anguish to Life? and desire to Liberation? (my Highly Mysticism POV)) if you don't choose the reality of sorrowful RW life and don't want to play Orwell's "1984".