Re: Sky Uz

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 16:18:04 +0200

Greg :

> She is the Uz "Spirit Goddess of Above," but Xentha is sub celestial.
> The Sky World is never dark. She fills space from earth to sky dome.
> She protects from the evil burning star lords.

Oh, OK I get it : this is another one of those cross-POV / terminological confusion things.

I thought the questions were being asked from a Middle World POV, I commented from that POV, you from a macrocosmic one.

I say sub stellar, you say sub celestial/let's call the whole thing off ... ;-)

> >The mere fact that they worship them means that their worshippers do
> >go to the Sky, and that some uz spirits and daimones must permanently
> > reside there. Not to mention any uz heroes and &c.
>
> When I said
> >>Because there are no Uz in the sky.
> I did not mean that they never went there, never invaded or attacked
> and know nothing about the sky. was responding to

I was answering Simon, not you, as he seemed to suggest that your "no uz" meant 100% none, ever.

> >carefully of late. Certainly, if there are stars corresponding to
> >human and other race heroes and gods, why not Uz?
>
> No Uz stars. YGWV

Sure : & FWIW I agree with all the above, and I think we may just have all mixed up our POVs on this matter ; and I think that uz stars or "stars", while an amusing possibility, definitely belong to the domain of YGMV.

There's room in some sort of supra-lunar area for some kind of exotic darkness things that ignorant middle worlders could think of as "black stars" or red or whatever, in the same way they think that clouds are in the "sky" ; but not any GL classification / actual Sky World _Stars_, as a YGMV departure from official Glorantha.

Julian Lord