Fonrit, Sshorga in Storm Age, Uz Star

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 23:38:16 +0900

TI's unreliable Glorantha Q&A

Q1: Which is the Magical System of Fonrit, Afadhan and Kareeshtu?

A1: Fonritan Magical System is Theistic though there is not distinct explanation in Revealed Mythology. Garangordos the Cruel was originally an Agimori Stock from Lascal and a leader of an animist group. But he abandoned it for the reviving Ancient Artmali Civilization. Each of his family members reversed annual service to Langamul =Amuron and "mischievous" way of Elder Gods (from the POV of Jolar Agimori) And after that, Fonritans have worshiped original Sky Deities consist with original heroes and gods like Ompalam and Darleester the Noose. We can find other Solar-like god names in Enclosure 2, but some of them are unofficial and later dropped in David Dunham's thought.

Q2: Where the Sshorga Sea went through the Heortling Land and flooded Peloria? Did it run through the west of Stormwalk? (As modern Creekstream?) or the east of it? (As Seolinthor / modern Robcradle)

A2: In Troll Pack, we can see the River go through the Dragon Pass and straightly linked to Oslira River, we know Heortland was not flooded by that. (See Thunder Rebels) So if the theory is on the course, Sshorga flooded modern Grazeland (land of Koroltes after the water subsided.) But I don't deny the idea the Giants originally used the Seolinthor for their birth.

Q3: Is there any Trollish stars in the Sky?

A3: We know Dove Constellation was once called "Arkat" in Elder Secret, but it wasn't mentioned following publishing and maybe it was currently unofficial (or simply the people which think so are ignored in materials.) And trolls might not know the Constellation is called Arkat by Ralians (or some other group.) Of course, Safelstans know their hero was never troll, or returned to Humanity.

Q4: How many Sun Dome Temples exists and existed?

A4: In Prax Pack (I never have it.) there are 15 temples in modern 17 C. And we can find the Sun County taught us there were 12 temples in Dawn Age (It might be called the Temple of Dayseneras by Palangio the Iron Vrok.) But how about these 3 ones? They might included Vaantar and Prax if Monrogh didn't revive Ancient Daemon and Relic. And about last one, I don't know anything about it. Maybe Ralian SDT is it or not (Maybe 2nd Council founded it when Palangio killed Arkat.) Find Sandy Petersen and ask him.

Q5: Is there any common thing or similarity between Worion Bisosi and Storm Bull worship in LIH? (Is it certain the Battle of Castle Blue was between SB and RG? in my image?)

A5: Maybe. See some old Threads among Peter Metcalph, Martin Laurie and Kevin McDonald in HW mailing list. But we can't say anything surely without Imperial Lunar Handbook, so it must be published as soon as possible.

Q6: Why Terra Incognita is not welcomed here?

A6: Because it is the trademark of the another tabletop RPG. We hardcores never tolerate another game, even that from games of old comrades like Chaosium or Avalon Hill, aside from Wizard Coast and White Wolf. Buy only Issaries products.
 http://www.nagssociety.com/