Fonrit

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 19:48:29 +1300

Simon Bray:

> In some of the texts I have researched Fonritan Magic is of several types,
>the core religions are Animistic entities being worshipped in a misapplied
>sacrificial way,

This feels wrong to me. Misapplied worship should not be a core of a viable religion as its wrongness makes it inefficient - worshippers won't be able to learn secrets for example - yet the Fonritans are supposed to have been one of the few peoples to have resisted the God Learners to some degree.

Misapplied worship should be reserved for cults at the religious fringe - they are worshipping it in the wrong way because the prevailing orthodoxy will kick their heads in if they do it right (or whatever reason).

Even though the structure of the Fonritan Pantheon is based on the Pamaltelan origin myth, the core entities the Fonritans worship are not Pamaltelan Great Spirits but actual Gods.

--Peter Metcalfe

End of Glorantha Digest