Re: Glorantha digest, Vol 9 #236 - 5 msgs

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:44:08 +0100

Peter:

>>>Which aspect of Darjiinian religious practices do you mean?
>>>Surenslib, Manimat, Yestendos or Suvar? All have been presented
>>>as theist.
>>

>In the GRAY, the magicians of the Darjiinians are described as
>Shamans (p96).

True enough, but in the rather more recent source of G:IitHW, Surenslib is described as a 'great goddess' and Manimat and Yestendos as 'gods'. Given that the book quite specifically does not use those terms to describe, e.g. Waha, Kargzant or Pamalt, the intent seems fairly clear. Which of the two sources is now considered the correct one, I obviously couldn't say (though I'm inclined to take the more recent source over the avowedly 'unfinished' work). Unless both are correct and the Darjiini practice misapplied worship, which seems a bit odd to say the least.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic