Re: Malkioni Secret

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_albionsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 08:36:46 +0000

Terra Incognita :

>Though I don't know enough about the difference between reason and logic.

Reason and logic are related concepts. The major difference is that logic has some form of formal structure, whereas reason has only the structure of normal language. Anywhere where you start by formally defining your axioms and proving your lemmas is logic, not reason.

My personal belief is that the reliance on Logic is the great failing of the Brithini. Logic, in my Glorantha, can only be used within its own framework. Any attempt to relate it to the real world is doomed to failure, since I do not believe that Glorantha has an inherently logical basis. This leaves the Brithini as a group of aging philosophers, endlessly proving that the arrow cannot hit the tortoise, without ever once being able to test their argument and realise their basic axioms are not true.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson