Re: More Grimoires

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 20:53:10 +0000

>As far as I know, Abiding Book Original Text was miraculously written by
>Jrusteli and other many contemporary languages around 646 ST. (So I need not
>to be worried about the connection between Koran and Arabic, or the trouble
>at the Tower of Babel.)

The Abiding Book was written in the Abiding Script, and has not been translated into local languages, except perhaps by the odd heretic or weirdo. I'd say the analogies with the Koran and Arabic are very apropos.

>http://www.glorantha.com/greg/abidingBook.html
>And some of contents can be seen in Greg's Revealed Mythologies, but how
>about the modern Edition of AB?

It hasn't changed - its text is sacred. Having said that, some sects use books derived from it rather than the thing itself, and others have books of 'interpretations' of the text which don't agree from sect to sect.

>What is the meaning of
>Zzabur's statement about Solace? (RM p.2) "the material of Malkion the
>Sacrifice had been spread into the material of the world." Is it a bluff to
>deceive ignorant pagan beasts? Or he truly believed Malkion was sacrificed
>for the material world sake? (See RM p.8 Appendix 13)

He truly believes it. Its a key feature of Brithini belief, and not too far from modern Malkioni belief, either (yes, he was sacrificed for the world's sake, no he wasn't spread into the material world - he went to Solace).

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

End of Glorantha Digest