Re: Eastern Heretical Opinion about Zzaburite

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_albionsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 20:13:54 +0000

Terra :
>Graham:
> > My personal belief is that the reliance on Logic is the great failing of
> > the Brithini. Logic, in my Glorantha, can only be used within its own
> > framework. Any attempt to relate it to the real world is doomed to
>failure,
> > since I do not believe that Glorantha has an inherently logical basis.
>This
> > leaves the Brithini as a group of aging philosophers, endlessly proving
> > that the arrow cannot hit the tortoise, without ever once being able to
> > test their argument and realise their basic axioms are not true.
> >

>Maybe. YGMV. But if Brithini is right and others are wrong...?

I don't believe that you can come down to any 'X is right, Y is wrong' formulations in Glorantha. Not outside of a Heroquest challenge, anyway. And even that would only be binding on the participants. In these terms, I believe the Brithini will start the hero wars at a huge disadvantage, as they are used to working within their own closed system, unrelated to the rest of the universe. Nothing to say they can't come out ahead, but they do have a distinct, exploitable weakness.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson