Technocracy

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 20:31:01 +0900

Me:
> >I try to induce more heretical Whitewolf Mage source....

Trotsky:
> Not really a good analogy for Gloranthan sorcerers, I fear. Barring a
> few extreme nutters, the Malkioni/Brithini philosophy is almost
> diametrically opposed to that of WW mages.

Um, I compared Technocracy with Malkioni......Especially for 2nd Age God Learners who induced analysis of the World to Four World of Magical Othersides. And official might avoid to talk anything about God Learners.....lest God Learners will appear in the future schedule of Greg, And I linked Mysticism to Tradition Mages....

> >Sorry,
> >maybe he just simply mentioned about Brithini and non-Brithini.....
> >
> The 'Independent Zzaburi' are non-Brithini, yes. Although some of them
> claim more or less direct descent from the Brithini.

In HW 1st Edition, the term "Zzaburi" only appeared in Mystic Section, p.218, IIRC. So I intentionally warped your statement.

Graham:

> >Maybe. YGMV. But if Brithini is right and others are wrong...?

Trotsky:
> Indeed; I see no reason to suppose the Brithini are any less 'correct'
> about the universe than any of a number of other cultures. After all,
> they really *are* immortal - it isn't some delusion on their part.

Graham:
> but they (Brithini) do
> have a distinct, exploitable weakness.

And we know other group of liers and atheists, Mostali. And Vadeli. Maybe you need Brithos and Sorcerer Supreme to stop Blue Vadeli returning.

> Unlike Trotsky, I don't see any difference between the metaphysical
> outlook of the Brithini (i.e. the inhabitants of Brithos, Sog City,
> Arolanit and God Forgot) and the Zzaburi (i.e. the atheistic
> sorcerers that live among the monotheists).
>
> Both follow the Cosmic Laws, share the same fear of death, practice
> all types of sorcery etc. The Brithini differ in that the lay
> population shares their attitudes and that people live much longer
> there (for various reasons there).

In RQ terms, Outside Sorcerers need Immortality Spell, but Brithini don't need it.

> Why should they? They are with God.

Vadel revolted against Zzabur and Malkion when "Malkion" was still living in RM texts. Zzabur killed Malkion in Abiding Book Credo. Of course, Greg might be able to change it.