Re: Vadeli

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 00:47:20 +0000

Me:
>> Given the description of the Kachasti War, are the Pelandan blue >> sorcerers technically Vadeli?

Peter Metcalfe:
> No. The Blue Wizards originate as sorcerers from Sog City

The Sogites are in league with the cannibalistic abominations of Darkness Pelanda? I didn't think they were involved in Pelanda. Not beyond summoning the Janube from the Sweet Sea.

> and are so called because they were servants of the Blue Folk, not
> because of the colour of their skin.

So the people of King Blue were not sorcerous at all?

> The Blue Folk are blue but associated with Water, like the
> Waertagi.

The Pelandans also tell about the corpse-blue water people of YarGan (?) encountered by Bisos.

> The Blue Vadeli are not associated with water but corpses.

I didn't say or mean Blue Vadeli, but generally "evil sorcerers from the west". Revealed Mythologies could be summarized as "good prehistoric sorcery=Zzabur, bad prehistoric sorcery=Vadeli". In the Kachasti War, Vadeli subjects or prisoners of war turn upon their Kachasti masters in southern Fronela, help their Mostali allies in raising the Nidan Mountains, and enslave the Kachasti. Afterwards, the Pelandans tell about King Blue and sorcerers committing atrocities in their lands to match Zzaburite propaganda about Endernef.

End of Glorantha Digest