Melib

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 21:37:23 +1300

Gianfranco Geroldi:

>In the four scrolls of revelation, Martin Hawley
>suggests a Melibic history.
>
>Are the Zaranistangi related to anywhere else?

Yes. They are an Artmali people, related to the Veldang of Zamokil and the Blues of Fonrit. Strictly speaking the Zaranistangi are extinct but they live on through their spiritual descendants, the Gachi.

>Are them Vadeli under other names, maybe?

No. The Vadeli are twisted and depraved while the Zaranistangi are mysterious and exotic.

>Please bear in mind I do not own Revealed Mythologies
>or Missing Lands (yet).

More details about Melib can be found in the Glorantha: Intro p206-209. Many details there conflicts with Martin Hawley's article (it was written before the Glorantha: Intro was published) but his article should still be useful as a source.

--Peter Metcalfe

End of Glorantha Digest