Attitudes to Red Moon

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 00:37:36 +0900

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 18:22:16 -0800
> To: glorantha_at_rpglist.org
> From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
> Subject: Red Moon in Pamaltela
>
> Other than the rather mysterious (and likely extinct) Yranian
> Leapers, is there any worship (in whatever form) of the Red Moon in
> Pamaltela? How do the various cultures (Malkioni, Umathelan storm
> barbarians, Fonritans, Doraddi, Aldryami) view it?

See Unfinished Tales p.70, Sedenya was called "Red Sun". Maybe the prophecy hinted the future activity of YR in HW.
I don't know whether Yranians attribute "Chaos" to the Moon, but it seems that the future events of Chaos Activity in Greg's timeline....(oh..it is secret, sorry.) Maybe Yranians will induce it for the welfere of Veldangs. Blues are from hell, blues are evil, so we must oppress them for the justice of Ompalam.

About storm barbarians and doraddi....who knows? But I suppose......see Book of Drastic Resolution: Prax, attitudes of Praxians to "Blind Eye of Waha", except Sable Riders, they know it is the nest of Chaos and avoid it. Of course, sables are exception.

About Aldryami, they dislike it if they once heard the agony and tragic songs from Erigia or Rist, even if they are distant from Genertelan kin, Aldrya is one and same....I suppose.

On the contrary, dwarves know the Rise of Red Moon is on the schedule, next it will move to horizontally IIRC in their schedule, (though Isidirian is notorious for his subterfuge) , so it is good. Maybe Slon dwarves also know it while they contact somehow with Nidan kindred.