Re: Puzzle Canal

From: Ian T <pelgrane_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 12:15:56 +1100 (EST)

>>It would make for a dull game if Pavis turns up
tells everyone what to do then they do it.<< Indeed it would
But that is a far cry from him having a strong influence in any major magical phenomenon that appears in his city. After all, by the time the canal is built Pavis is in the mythic substance of the city, and hsi Grand Plan would permeate the Canal as it does everything else of significance in the city IMO

>>It seems to me he should be a good negotiator,
cajoler, persuader. In my game he is (these are, in my game, his main abilities).<<
agreed

>> I guess I prefer to have less than omnipotent know
it all patrons. In fact, I prefer my heroes fallible with definite flaws, Lord Pavis has them, << Oh definitely had flaws in the mundane world. Once he is a good I guess still character flaws, but in terms of influence on his evolving city he comes from the divine angle, and thus his influence is huge and pervasive - even if just through the mythic framework he has devised (again IMO)

Sorry I didn't say earlier that you have lots of good ideas in your post :)

cheers

Ian

http://movies.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Movies - What's on at your local cinema?