Call of the Wastes

From: (wrong string) änen <"Tero>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 00:33:18 +0200

Hi folks!

It seems that the last years of Glorantha publications have been a great success! Some years ago there was quite much space used for Prax and the Wastes, and to describe the culture and life of the brave nomads. Needless(?) to say; Greg Stafford, Stephen Martin, Sandy Petersen, Scott Schneider, Peter Metcalf and all the others did a very good work in TotRM and BoDR vol. Prax in creating one of the most unique lands of the world of Glorantha. However, a question brings to my mind still, that is 'everything' done with nomads and the Wastes now? Is "praxition" over now and 'forever' :)? Oh, by the blessings of Eiritha, please tell me it`s not...

I`ve tried hard to find more material about the numerous nomad clans, the homepage of BoDR vol. Prax tells about. (Descriptions are short, with just few lines.) If there`s any official material about them, I would be very thankful and appreciate if someone let me know about it. In our campaign, I turned up to create my own version of the Great Horn clan of the bison riders.

Praxian star lore is another thing I`d like to know a bit more about. Greg Stafford on "The night sky of Prax" is an awesome source to understand the depths of praxian filosophy and how they view all the myths.
-Is it possible to nomads to locate some on-going bigger events on the
Wastes/Prax from the stars? For example; to avoid chaos or Wildfires ("special constellations"); could the clans try to prevent about being confronted with such enemies/disasters if they can see these stars rotating through their way?

Well, my english is not the best one :)... Keep up the good work and nice new year to everyone!

Tero Pitkänen

Help STOP SPAM: Try the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

End of Glorantha Digest