Orlanthi-all inflation.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 15:56:07 +0000 (GMT)

John Hughes:
> I imagine the Grey Dog marriage you mention to be an example of this - for
> the marriage of a king and queen is a powerful ritual heroquest.

I imagine the marriage mentioned as coming from an article from a time prior to it being "clarified" that Heortlings are prescriptively exogamous.

I also object to the term "incest" in this context, as I've not seen any clear statement that having sex with a(n adult, not directly blood-related) member of your own clan is considered unlawful, so whatever grounds intra-clan marriage might be unlawful (or non-customary), it seems pretty unlikely to be that one.

Cheers,
Alex.