Re: babeestor gor devotee

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_free.fr>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 15:14:12 +0100

Mick :

> recently in our campaign a helemakti warrior fell in love with a
> babeestor gor devotee, and she seems to be all for it too.

Cool : one of my PCs once had an Axe Maiden for best friend, but this was in Dorastor, so he didn't think her at all frightening as compared to the rest of the world ...

> I was wondering if anyone out there had any myths or stories about
> women who have taken the Gor attribute and then wanted to return to
> normal life and marry and become fertile again.
>
> Or have you any suggestions as to what this might involve.

AFAIK, there's no specific prohibition against sex, although there is one against marriage. If she were to specifically join in union with the Helamakti there are three ways I can think of offhand :

  1. Leave the BG cult. This is definitely possible. There are a couple of grey zones in BG's mythology as published, but IMO this would be part of the Lifebringers' Return cycle, where Babs lays down her Axe upon Ernalda's reawakening to life. She may have to rejoin the Voria cult, at least briefly, as the primary source of returning fertility.
  2. For the Helamakti to join the Heler cult through the shared subcult rules, if he's an OA Helamakti that is, and have himself ritually and legally recognised as female. Babs can then accept "her". Procreation then requiring not an Instinctive HQ, but an active full-blast one, IMO.
  3. Just go ahead and do it : and succeed in defeating the Agents of Reprisal, social and legal challenges from the rest of society, including various BG sisters. The most effective way to do this would be to engage in relatively easy experimental heroquesting : relatively easy because this sort of thing has been done before. And if the character is a Helering Helamakti, then I'd suggest that the HQ wouldn't even be an experimental one : Heler was one of Babs' very few successful male lovers, IMO.

And he has Fertility to spare : the Helamakti in your campaign can certainly learn how to put some of it into his beloved when so desired ...

Julian Lord