Re: Primal HeroQuests

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 07:05:02 -0800 (PST)

> From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_weinander.org>
> To a mystic, wouldn't conception and childbirth be a
> failure? Conception would mean acknowledging the
> reality and possibly individuality of the child.

But there are all kinds of Mystics (or mystics, at least). In Revealed Mythologies we have the example (in which names escape me) of the two sages, one of whom had sex all the time and the other never had sex.  The beautiful queen fell in love with the wrong one, of course. I don't think anyone's saying the one that never had sex is not a mystic.

Also, in the HW rules, I thought there was a type of Mystic that attempts to integrate himself into the world, the commonest result being a martial artist.

Finally, most folks in mystically oriented societies are going to be heavily influenced by mysticism, but they still have to get along from day to day. Perhaps there is a mystic strike that guarantees lust, conception, healthy pregnancy, etc.

Chris Lemens