Re: Leaving a Gor cult - how we ran it

From: Ian Gorlick <ian_gorlick_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:39:38 -0400

(This is from Alison Place, not Ian Gorlick.)

> I was wondering if anyone out there had any myths or stories about
> women who have taken the Gor attribute and then wanted to return to
> normal life and marry and become fertile again.
>
> Or have you any suggestions as to what this might involve.

Might this help? It was something that happened during our long-running campaign set with Duke Raus in the Borderlands of Prax. This is the stripped down version, imagine various omens and bad dreams, etc. Ian assumed that MG would be both furious at the betrayal, yet anguished over her lost fertility that her former priestess was now free to indulge.

This is from the dim, dark mists of time (RQ2, about 8-10 years ago), but we had a Maran Gor HP NPC, born into the cult, who wanted to leave. We needed a Maran Gor priestess to permanently close an underground Chaos temple. She was young, gorgeous, with tasteful tattoos wherever, and no fewer than three of our PC's fell in love/lust with her on the trip to the Chaos temple we'd found.

Come the day, she picked the PC with the strongest spirit, and married him before ritually sacrificing him on the Chaos altar with an obsidian knife. His organs were placed in the corners of the temple as part of the ritual to bring the quakes. His spirit battled the guardian spirit of the temple, while she did the other prep needed to take it down.

After the temple was crushed, she and her husband's spirit made a joint DI (a true roll, he was dead if it failed), and it brought him back to life, (with a wonderful scar), and they headed into the bushes double quick to seal the marriage. The DI also took her below the POW needed to remain a priestess (RQ2 - 18 POW needed), and she resigned from the cult, claiming that this was a sign she should leave. I can't remember which cult she joined afterwards, but I think it might have been Asrelia. Not a fertility cult, so as to give the least offense to MG.

It didn't end there. After she got pregnant, MG came looking for vengeance against the fetus. Her husband went to a Xiola Umbar priestess for Couvade, to help stand off MG from the life of the child. Xepti Ximia was happy to oblige because she held a grudge against MG for reducing the fertility of the Uz. When even that didn't work for long enough, the baby was delivered by C-section using the ritual obsidian knife.

As she had left the cult with the tacit agreement of her fellow members, not being really suited to it, that was finally the end of it.