Duality and Sex

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_free.fr>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 15:30:27 +0100

Chris :

> Me: Just a couple points here. First, in defense of
> Julian's completely wacko ideas,

Thank you ... ;-)

> If Julian is saying that this is the way that
> many humans understand the interactions of the
> duality, I might agree. But I would disagree if he
> said it was universal.

It *cannot* be universal in modern, broken Glorantha.

Also, it is only one way of understanding the Primal Interaction : BUT it is a very important one !!

The point is that the Love/Life/Fertility/Uleria Rune is the Primal source of all non-chaotic reproduction in Glorantha (more precisely, in those parts of Glorantha derived from the Gloranthan Court).

> If
> I read Shannon's elfish materials right (and as I
> think Julian alluded to), the duality there did not
> engage in anything that humans or even elves would
> recognize as sex.

As I said earlier, not-sex is a Ulerian concept.

This is another can of worms BTW.

Julian Lord