Normal Transmission Resumed

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_iprimus.com.au>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 13:18:44 +1100

Folks

Thanks to everyone who send messages of support during the Canberra bushfires.

We were very lucky to escape unharmed. Many of our friends and neighbours have lost their houses. Our house is on the western edge of Canberra, facing the Mt Arawang Reserve, which bore the full brunt of the firestorm. With our neighbours, we were able to keep the flames on the far side of the road, with only a few burnt out gardens and fences. Most of the 500 houses destroyed in last weekend's blaze were within a few kilometres of our home. The city is still under a state of emergency and this weekend may bring more fires to our northern suburbs.

Our own area is completely burned out in an arc extending from our front door to the Cotter River some 25 km west, so there is no further danger to us.

Power and phone was restored to our house yesterday. Our ISP was out for part of the week, and I know that a number of emails were lost. If you have harranged, demanded, threatened or otherwise implored me in the last week and I haven't replied, please send again.

Cheers

John

nysalor_at_iprimus.com.au John Hughes Questlines: http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/

"The explosion was now officially designated an  'Act of God'.

 But, thought Dirk, what god? And why?

End of Glorantha Digest