Loskalmi matters

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 20:54:08 +1300

Terra Incognita:

> > I don't think
> > Westpoint has any connection with Humakt's einherjar that
> > fought at the four Arrows of Light for the Carmanians were
> > sent packing before Eastpoint was founded.

>I don't think that meaning is equal to what Efendi intended. He didn't use
>the term Einherjar (Sorry, Efendi), but some place where dead good warriors
>go afterlife...

An interesting thought, and one which fits with the west/death symbolism.

Trotsky:

> >IMO Dilis is more likely to be isolated from Loskalm than within it

>Sorry: it's an official statement from Greg.

No statement is official unless it's published. Private Greg Statements are phantasms that look solid but vanish just when you rely on them most.

Furthermore I can rebut this by referring to Gods of Glorantha p47. Under the illustration of the Malkioni Wizard is the following legend:

         This Malkioni wizard attempts to summon and control one
         of the dread krjalki, those magical fiends which dominate
         the borders of the lands under the Syndic's Ban and which
         possess such wierd [sic] magic and lore.

i.e. in Loskalm (and other nations), the krjalki were found near the Ban rather than in the vicinity of Dilis. The Krjalki can still have their origins in Dilis and other places, but I think it better to assume that the Ban allowed certain chaotic creatures to travel through it as a perverse form of communication rather than have Dilis physically open to Loskalm which prevents the Krjalki from haunting other lands.

--Peter Metcalfe