Re: Caste Structures of Malkioni Society

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 17:20:07 +0000

>Though it is far from completion and comprehensiveness, I uploaded the file
>of
>my concern about the diversity of Malkioni caste system.
>
>http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~BLUEMAGI/MalkioniCastes.htm
>
>I am happy to receive your complaints and additional information should be
>added to these charts, especially titles and social structures.

Obviously, there are things I can't discuss until SK is released, but I think I can expand your table for professions in the New Hrestoli Church without breaking any rules. It will be one of our aims in SK to maximise the range of professions which exist in each class, so that as many PCs as possible can advance through the system without having to betray the basic character concept. Using information largely from the old Genertela Book and from TotRM#13 the table would be:
Group................Farmer........Knight........Wizard...........Noble
Populace.............Various
Military.............Soldier.......Knight........Grand Knight.....Lord Military
Religion/Magic.......Acolythist....Chaplain?.....Wizard...........Lord Spiritual
Political............Squire......................Administrator?...Lord
Temporal

Under your main table you say for women 'Yes, only for selected'. Assuming that by this you mean that women can advance through the classes only in certain professions (for example, the healer in Four Scrolls says that she hopes to become a knight, but won't be allowed to fight in real battles) then I'd agree. However, its worth noting that, as the Hero Wars approach, more and more exceptions to this rule will come to light. Heroes are, by their nature, exceptional, and female ones will be able to join fully military cults such as that of St Talor if they wish.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic