Seven Bishops

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 13:32:29 +1300

Terra Incognita:

>Though I don't know who added the short sentence in the text.....
>(Ken, Marc or Peter....?) In TT #10, Seven Slontan Churches
>rule Manirian Coast.....Where are they except Kaxtorplose
>and "Bath and Wells"?

It's the Seven Bishops and it's a pun. In the real world, the Seven Bishops were opponents of James II in a court case that led to his downfall. One of the Seven Bishops was the Bishop of Bath and Wells (in southwestern England). Bath in glorantha is a tiny place just west of the Holy Country and Nick suggested that a place named wells was nearby.

As for the location of the other five bishoprics, one is in Handra while the other four are either in Trader Prince territory or simply vacant.

>Or they are remnants of Godlearner Slontos?

Yes.

--Peter Metcalfe

End of Glorantha Digest