More Malkionism

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:45:23 +1300

Terra Incognita:

> IMHO, Arkat proved "Hrestol's achievement to Knighthood" is
> mystical and he justified his frequent usage of Crusade Ritual.

I doubt it since he didn't provide it with any new relevations and subsequently abandoned it to join the Orlanthi.

> No, I wrote [Old Hrestoli] as vague concept like Silver Empire
> and Akem kingdom, before Godlearners and Athiestic Sorcerers
> changed Seshnela and western countries.

I don't think anyone can speak of a single caste structure for the pre-Jrusteli kingdoms. They are far more likely to have differed by region (Fronela, Seshnela, Safelster, Jrustela) and time (before Dawn, Dawn Age, Early Imperial) creating a potential for ten different variations on Caste.

> Well, I should confess that I feel some difficulty to write
> about the Peter's concept of secret society Arkati and
> open-minded church of Safelstans.

I don't see any problem. My Arkati article describes the Arkati as controlling things from the shadows. The Safelstrans are open-minded about their castes because they know the Arkati really control everything.

 --Peter Metcalfe