Loskalmi Adepts

From: Nick Brooke <nick_at_etyries.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:02:19 -0000

TI asked (and Trotsky answered):

>> How about "Adepts"? In old RQ 3rd and Tales #13 setting, it seems = that=20
>> was equated as an advanced occupation of wizards in write-ups.

> Adepts in RQ3 are a rules construct, IMO, and my interpretation is =
that=20
> their inclusion in Tales #13 was purely to reflect those rule =
mechanics.=20

Mostly correct: it also highlighted the Hrestoli Idealist oddity that a Loskalmi "Wizard" could be a new apprentice with minimal magical talent = (but
handy with weapons!) -- inept, not adept! -- and that there must, = logically,
be a sizeable body of qualified Wizards who *don't* immediately become Lords.=20

Plus, doing this made the Lord class entry requirements far more = succinct
and readable: "leave aside the standard Adept Wizard stuff, *this* is = what
it's all about."

The Tales #13 stuff is all available online at: http://www.etyries.com/malkioni/idealist.htm#wizards et seq.

Cheers, Nick