Re: Fonrit Again

From: David Dunham <david_at_a-sharp.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 21:27:37 -0800

TI responded to Antonio

> I and Jerome Blondel once had a plan (desire?) to make a comprehensive note
> of the continent (as well as Fonrit) and Peter's note for Fanjosi might come
> to the part of it, but after that, we stopped that process and proceeding.
> One reason is Hero Quest's new Animism Rule isn't revealed publicly yet.

Yeah, I don't expect to revisit Fonrit (which is just an enemy in my games anyway) until I see final rules.

Revealed Mythology suggests that the Veldang and Agimori of Fonrit practice veneration of Garangordos and the Gargandites. This would be misapplied worship, which is not "cost effective," but of course it's the only way the Fonritans know.

> Garangordos might say he rediscovered old gods, or induced new ones, who
> knows?

It looks like he would say that he and his pals were essentially saints, whose intercession is necessary to reach the Seventeen.

Peter

> Everybody else has traditions
> of fighting on foot or using elephants (actually shoveltuskers)
> but only the Malkioni are good at riding horses.

There are plenty of elephants other than shoveltuskers in Fonrit -- see Enclosure 2 p. 87-88.

--

David Dunham
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>

End of Glorantha Digest