Re: Noble titles

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 15:05:51 -0500

Mick Rowe:

> This might have been said already, if so i apologise if i'm repeating
> anything.
> The way I see it, the use of titles among the orlanthi is one of the
> things that separates the Heortling traditions from the Alakorings.

I think this is a good point. Also, systems of nobility vary a lot over time. I'm most familiar with the English system at two points, the Wars = of
the Roses (15th century) and the present day, and there are many differences in the way the system works/worked between the two dates even=

though the basic sequence of titles (Baron/Viscount/Earl/Marquis/Duke) hasn't altered and some of the specific titles are still being handed dow= n
in the same family. Orlanthi use of titles in any given area could have changed significantly between the period when Dragon Pass was being re-occupied and the Lunar conquest.

Andrew