My Original Version Yuthuppa

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 22:07:31 +0900

Though I could not resist my urge to induce my irrelevant idea to the original of French Broo, here is my revised version of Yuthuppa: http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~BLUEMAGI/SimcityDHHistoricalMaps.htm#Yuthuppa

Please tolerate my poor rough handscript for I cannot find my illustrator. And please accept if you find some controversy to the Imperial Lunar Handbook Official sources, Greg's Greya's stories and/or Hero Wars scenarios, I am not a member of official publishing. http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~BLUEMAGI/SimcityDHYuthuppaAnnotation.htm#Afterwo rd

As you know, I induced several my own sources to this city, like Sky Garden that was listed and described in Seven Wonders of Ancient World.... I think it is appropriate to the city of Stargazers as you have ziggurat style city of original image. (See illustration of Broo site of Gregory Privat.) http://pavis.free.fr/prax/broos/htm/Yuthuppa.htm

I think the Sky (Hanging) Garden is balconized (baywindowed) over the military port of original city map, I think I succeeded to put on beautiful and exotic scenery to the original, and I think original map didn't describe enough the stereoscopic 3D image of the city even if it was not like Minas Tirith in Middle-earth (Tolkien, watch Fellowship of the Ring, one shot of the movie-film). Please don't ask me how pumping up fresh water to the garden....because RW archeologists don't know how babylon did it... http://ce.eng.usf.edu/pharos/wonders/gardens.html Even it is not actually galaxy or (Lorian) the water inside of the garden in the Yuthuppa, the fantasy city.

As a city of more than 100 towers, (so called) I haven't dare to use the image of Prague nor "the round city" of Baghdad, I used Tenochititlan's iage before Cortes watched it as a city in the chivalistic Tale of Amadis de Gaula.....So I induced encircling ditch and river that flowing inside of Silver Quarter.
http://www.ancientmexico.com/map/map.html

But certainly, if Raibanth is like the Center of Aztec Empire, maybe Yuthuppa had a role sort of religious center as Teotihuacan......

I think several ziggurats decorate the city with many stargazing towers and composed the intermediary of the city upper (Skyworld) and below. (It seems Greg portrayed his Yuthuppan Style stargazing towers like a sort of pillars in Maya style......See here.

And perfectly my original that I used of City Central Tower (that Vuranostum visited in FS) with the image of Gaudi's Sagrada Familia in Barcelona. http://www.sagradafamilia.org/
Of cource, it might be the completed form. (You can see the model image in the website. I think)

But I can now safely go back to the Tragedy of Karvanyar Dragonbane. Because he was from the city in Greg's Fortunate Succession.

TI

End of Glorantha Digest