Stupid question re. year length

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_rubberducky.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 12:27:26 -0800

I'm sure this has been worked out somewhere, but darned if I can find it anywhere!

As I understand it, the Glornathan year is 294 days (five 8-week seasons, + 2-week Sacred Time). That's 80% of the number of days in an Earth-year.

My *impression* is that Gloranthan humans mature and age at the same rate (measured in years) as Earth humans--e.g. puberty at ~13 Gloranthan years, full adulthood at ~18, pretty darned old at 80.

So... Do humans actually live 80% as long as earth-humans (measured in actual number of seconds of lifespan), and likewise mature faster, learn faster, etc.? Or are Gloranthan days 25% longer than Earth days (to balance the shorter year)? Or am I wrong about the number of years they live--e.g. a Gloranthan human is actually a full adult at ~22 Gloranthan years, which is the same length of time as 18 Earth years? Or is the explanation something completely different which I'm missing?

This would be a good one for a FAQ somewhere, methinks... (or is it in one and I've missed it all this time?)