Vinga's Vingkotsdottir?

From: Simon Hibbs <Simon.Hibbs_at_marconi.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 11:10:22 -0000

Stitch this together for a pretty complete set of references on Vinga :

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/vinga/sources.htm

She's often refered to as having been a heortling, but her story seems to go back to Vingkotling times. She was variously a wife or daughter of Vingkot. I prefer daughter, because it's said that she dyed her hair red when her family was killed, and I don't think that sounds like something that happened to Vingkot (i.e. getting killed and his wife having to avenge him).

The orriginal conception of Vinga seems to have been as a heroine who found a way for women to effectively worship Orlanth Adventurous. The idea that she's actualy a goddess in her own right seems to have been brought about by popular demand - i.e. a barrage of fan produced literature to that effect. Nothing wrong with that though, I'm all for democracy, me!

Vinga is also one of the Thunder Brothers, or so Greg said last time I heard him speak on the subject.

Simon Hibbs