Lost in the Invisible Measure

From: Antonio Álvarez del Cuvillo <antalvarez1976_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:54:22 +0100

Hi all,

I have some problems for understanding some points of Sorcery Plane, I don't know if the cause of the problem is lack of coherency, gregging, ignorance of my part, differents POV's of different Gloranthan people or any combination of above ;-)) Probably, It's my fault for tryning to understand complex West Philosophy, but I think it would be good a simpler version for explaining easily different Planes (and different contacts with Other World, which is important for sorcerers in gaming)

-Solace is the world of Third Action promised by Zzabur (RM p. 15) OR Solace is the world made in First Action (HW-NB, p. 28)?

-Joy was the world of Second Action (RM p. 15) OR Joy is before First Action as in HW-NB p.28)?

-"Zzabur says" he is a product of Third Action (RM p.1) and Pure Runes were made in Third Action (RM, p. 4) OR True Beings, runes and Zzabur were made in Second Action (RM p. 2, AR p. 209)?

-Third Action made the Land of Logic and Four Action made it bigger (G:IttHW, p. 46) or Third Action made the First World and Four Action the Land of Logic (RM p. 2-3).

-I think makioni 'evolution' try to explain the process of thought used in sorcery to understanding deeper realities, or I understood that in RM (pp. 2-4), but I have found the text very confusing:

   First Action- From Unknownable to Pure Intelect

   Second Action- From Pure Intelect to Applied Intelect : Pure Thought.

   Second or Third Action?- From Pure Thought to Applied Thought (Knowledge)

   Third Action- From Thought or Knowledge to Pure Logic

   Third of Fourth Action?- From Pure Logic to Applied Logic (Reason?)

   Fourth Action- From Pure Reason to Applied Reason.

So, the ideal process would be: Applied Reason- Pure Reason- Logic - Knowledge -Thought- Intellect- Unkonwnable. Each kind of "thought" would be a different level and a higher (or damned, it depends of sect), more abstract comprehension of Invisible Measure (so it could be different planes, each one more abstract).

But, I have a problem with Reason and Logic, I think reason is more abstract than logic. Also, in RM p. 18, Reason seems to be deeper (and more powerful) than logic. So every malkioni would know logic but the sorcerers would know Reason and would be able to "manipulate both matter and energy to affect the humans, the world, and the spirits all around them".

Anyone could help me? I'm lost in Sorcery Plane.

Regards,

Antonio