Dragon Snails In Shells

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:58:15 +0000 (GMT)

> From: "Trevor Ellis" <trevor.ellis_at_pobox.com>

> Can Dragon Snails curl up inside their shells?

Not if you shoot them fast enough :)

But, you're right, I suspect they should be able to, or their main defence mechanism (the shell) won't work.

> How does their head fit in the shell as it is not
> all soft and squidgy?

You know, that's a good question. I would guess that the neck withdraws, and the armoured head(s) block the entrance to the shell, rather like tortoises do, but I can't quite visualise how this would work. Still, they are chaotic, so maybe this is supposed to be confusing.

Then again, maybe dragonsnails, being chaotic, have in fact been cursed with a defence mechanism that *doesn't* work. Maybe they instinctively try to withdraw into their shells, working on ancestral memories of having only one unarmoured head, and find that they can't. It's no fun being chaotic, poor little things!

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com