The Invisible Measure

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 23:25:37 +1200

Antonio

>-Solace is the world of Third Action promised by Zzabur (RM p. 15) OR
>Solace is the
>world made in First Action (HW-NB, p. 28)?

Revealed Mythologies is in error. Solace is the highest plane of the Invisible Measure.

>-Joy was the world of Second Action (RM p. 15) OR Joy is before First
>Action as in
>HW-NB p.28)?

Greg takes the view now that Joy is a descending manifestation of Solace into the
mortal world.

>-"Zzabur says" he is a product of Third Action (RM p.1) and Pure Runes
>were made in Third Action (RM, p. 4) OR True Beings, runes and Zzabur were
>made in Second Action (RM p. 2, AR p. 209)?

Zzabur is speaking about two different things IMO. During the second action, he
is speaking about his origin as an impersonal concept and during the third action,
the concept is made flesh.

>-Third Action made the Land of Logic and Four Action made it bigger (G:IttHW,
>p. 46) or Third Action made the First World and Four Action the Land of Logic
>(RM p. 2-3).

The "first world" in Revealed Mythology might be referring to the first real manifestion of the Land of Logic (before then, only ideas existed). Since it is still accessible on the Heroplane, the Malkioni call it the First World to distinguish it from the younger portions of the Land of Logic.

>-I think makioni 'evolution' try to explain the process of thought used in
>sorcery
> to understanding deeper realities, or I understood that in RM (pp. 2-4),
> but I have
>found the text very confusing:
>
> First Action- From Unknownable to Pure Intelect
>
> Second Action- From Pure Intelect to Applied Intelect : Pure Thought.
>
> Second or Third Action?- From Pure Thought to Applied Thought (Knowledge)
>
> Third Action- From Thought or Knowledge to Pure Logic
>
> Third of Fourth Action?- From Pure Logic to Applied Logic (Reason?)
>
> Fourth Action- From Pure Reason to Applied Reason.

I wouldn't read too much into whether something is called reason or logic just yet (it apparently changes depend on what Greg's thinking). It's more important to think of the thinking processes involved. First is creation

(formation of an idea from something unknowable). Then comes perception
(complete elucidation of the idea from its starting axioms) and manifestation
(making real the idea or either associating it mentally with various
sensations),
duplication (doubling its effect) and destruction (taking apart the idea piece by piece until one is left with nothing).

With this, one can more readily understand how Malkioni might do magic - there's no one way IMO.

--Peter Metcalfe