Re: iron

From: Jerome Blondel <jeblondel_at_free.fr>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 18:53:38 +0000

Mikko
> :> Personally I think the elemental association of Iron
> :> is Death.
> :
> :I *like* this idea. A lot. But it does introduce Death
> :as a new Element, and that opens several new cans of
> :worms.
>
> No problem. It just introduces a runic tie for iron. The five elemental
> metals also have runic ties, those runes just happen to be the elemental
> runes. Iron is special...

I'd like to tell you my Theory about iron...

Raw iron absorbs magic from the other elements in order to return it to the Iron Seed. Enchanted iron takes magic from the Iron Seed to transform it into material robustness which solidifies the other elements into metals, a combination of which provides the fertile ground for Growth to exist. Enchantment of Iron is the ultimate secret of the Vegetarianist Conclave. But the Iron Seed, that central hub of the machine, is badly broken and in its pure form destroys life and Growth. In the primal Ages, Iron could grow things up by its own and was then called Adamant. The Vegetarianist know of a gang that travels with an unusual sword in a wooden box that grows carrots and leeks and the like on which they feed. They know the Dread Secret of the Vegetable Pie and the Vegetarianist dwarves know it's the SuperUltimate Secret that they've been looking for from the start, in order to repair that central part of the Machine, lest the world be irremediably destroyed. However that gang ain't to be seen anywhere in Pamaltela, they're probably going around somewhere in Genertela.

Jerome