Runic metals

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 08:38:44 -0800 (PST)

Me:
>I'd characterize bronze as "made of everything".

Jerome Blondel:
>But i don't get do you mean 'iron' is made
>of everything or really 'bronze'?

I mean bronze is made of everything, because it is pretty much the least likely to offend any strange culture you walk into. That is, everyone has the preferred metal, but no one objects to bronze. (Well, there's surely someone who does, but you get my point.)

Iron, on the other hand, is positively offensive to elves & trolls. So it's probably not made of their parts of the underworld, at least (whatever that may mean). If you like the death theory, maybe iron is the part of the underworld that was taken away (and maybe that theft ended the separation between their underworld(s) and the inner world), which is why it is potent against them.

Julian Lord:
> Greg has given you public authorisation to discuss
> that document [the GTA debut version of HeroQuest].

Really? When & where? I'm a little unclear on what rules apply to it.

Chris Lemens

End of Glorantha Digest