Carmanos

From: Nick Brooke <nick_at_etyries.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 20:13:40 +0100

Peter replies to Kevin:

>> In the beginning the only "Carmanian" was Carmanos, who could
>> be seen as a later day Idomon - reinterpreting the old Pelandan
>> religion with new truths and blending it with the Irensavel
>> teachings from Fronela.

> While his people subjugated the Pelandan Cities and had a
> vested interest in keeping distance between themselves and their
> conquered subjects.

Not so, according to my account of Carmanian history (and is there any other? :-)

Carmanos and his people were mercenary allies of the free Pelandan city states. It was his son, Surandar the War-leader, who first seized rule over unwilling Pelandans.

See http://www.etyries.com/carmania/carmhist.htm (Outline) and http://www.etyries.com/carmania/surandar.htm (Surandar)

Cheers, NIck

End of Glorantha Digest