Re: Ethnic Lunars

From: Simon Hibbs <Simon.Hibbs_at_marconi.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 11:01:53 +0100

Greg Stafford :

>Mark G will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that there are few (if
any) ethnic
>Lunar peoples. The Lunar way, whether religious or imperial, is adopted by
people of
>various ethnicities. Sure, some exist like people who have lived in Silver
Shadow for
>generations. But most of the time, they are of an original ethnicity, and
have adopted
>the religious/political way.

Even JarEel is a member of a particular ethnic group (Pelandan aristocracy, the
EelAriash clan, I believe?) and you don't get much more Lunar than her.

I think a Lunar would say that whatever ethnicity they may have is transcended
by the inclusive nature of their Lunar beliefs. However in becoming a Lunar, you don't have to give up any part of yourself, because the Goddess embraces us all just as we are.

Simon Hibbs