Life of the Prophet Karmanos

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 02:11:52 EDT

This was some background colour that I used in my Carmanian game:

"His Majesty, the Shah following the Hierophant as religious authority.
commanded all those scattered teachings to be brought to the court. The Hierophant set about his task, selected one version, excluded others from his canon, and issued this decree: "The interpretation of all the teachings from the Religion of the Worshippers of the Gods is our responsibility; for now there is no lack of certain Knowledge concerning them. That which is False is determined as a Lie and that which is True stands in the Light of Idovanus."

"The Shah of Shahs, Karmanos, son of Syranthir, summoned men from all lands
to examine and study all doctrines, so that all cause for dispute might be removed. After the Hierophant had been vindicated by the consistency of his arguments against all the other representatives of the different sects, doctrines and schools, he issued a declaration to the following effect: " Now that we have seen the True Religion we shall leave no one to his False Religion and we shall be exceedingly zealous." And so did he do."

Keith Nellist

End of Glorantha Digest